Friday, March 26, 2010

A Journey of a Job Hunter?


It’s been eight years since I graduated college. As I looked back, there are people who are blessed to acquire a job right after schooling. There are some who were able to hit a good paying salary company despite of being a newby in the position they applied for. Some are already blessed (financialy) being in a rich family.

On the other hand, there are also some people who need to strive and prove more in able to get a job. I am one of those…

As I go along the job hunting, things did not go that easy before acquiring my first job. But I have learned a lot of things from that experience (of course, still keeps on learning until now) until reaching one of the dream jobs I am having now (as of this writing).

I enlisted below the lessons I have learned from the hardships I gone through in seeking job. This is in random order except item number 7.

1. save money… save every single penny… do all possible things to budget what you have;

2. work hard… persevere… think positive;

3. be resourceful, don’t just go out the streets to find job… read newspaper.. ask friends… attend job fairs;

4. have a nice written resume (have the “substance”), and have a lots of copies of your resume;

5. always smile, whether the employer/interviewer turned you down… you have to smile…anyway, it’s not the end of the world;

6. be confident in every interview may it be meeting the interviewer personally or just having the interview via phone

7. when all things did not go well or even all things worked out for you… still, acknowledge God. Admit that you cannot do anything without Him… without His favor… without His wisdom… without His blessing.

Then from item number 7, you will find joy with your journey as you hunt for job. Despite the hardships you will know that there’s a hope and still, you are blessed.

0 comments:

Powered by Blogger.